Entavida has counselors who specialize in treating trauma and anxiety in children.
Children may experience symptoms of distress following a number of life experiences. Some of these experiences include:
- Witnessing domestic violence or harm to others.
- Exposure to drugs and alcohol.
- Death of a loved one.
- Physical, sexual, or emotional abuse.
- Medical conditions
- Living in poverty.
- Parental separation.
- Incarceration of a parent or caregiver.
- Experiencing a caregiver or parent suffering from severe mental illness.
Exposure to such events may result in the following symptoms in children:
- Sleep disturbances and nightmares
- Difficulties concentrating
- Demonstrating hyperactivity
- Crying episodes
- Temper tantrums
- Violent behaviors such as hitting, kicking, punching, throwing objects, or breaking things.
- Difficulties creating friendships with friends.
- Inappropriate boundaries such as hugging strangers.
- Overly sexualized behavior.
- Frequent worries.
- Stomach and digestive problems.
- Spacing out or checking out frequently.
Children are highly resilient, and can benefit greatly from counseling. Interventions provided in childhood can reduce the risk that your child or loved one may go on to develop more severe problems in life.
If you are concerned that your child may be in need of counseling services, contact Entavida today to speak with a trained professional.